Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to clean up /srv/obs/sources?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:42:29 +0200
Am Dienstag, 30. August 2011, 15:30:20 schrieb Carsten Hoeger:
On Tue, Aug 30, Marcus Meissner wrote:
I just noticed that I have ~6GB in repositories (binary and source
rpms/deps),
but my obs uses ~600GB on disk...

Then I found the culprit. It's the /srv/obs/sources folder:

6.4G repos
521G sources

Okay, now how to get rid of the useless old stuff?
My disk is again filling up... :-(

Hello,
I use a script called from crontab
In this example I clean /tmp/ files greater than 7 days old.

# cat delete-tmp-greater7days-old.sh

#!/usr/bin/sh
echo "remove /tmp/ files older than 7 days after in various locations"
/bin/df -h

# list files then remove
find /tmp/. -mtime +7 -exec ls "{}" \;
find /tmp/. -mtime +7 -exec rm -rf "{}" \;

echo "used after :"
/bin/df -h

Note:your lines would read
find /srv/obs/sources/. -mtime +7 -exec ls "{}" \;
find /srv/obs/sources/. -mtime +7 -exec rm -rf "{}" \;

This would delete all sources after 7 days of inactivity.

Probably not what is wanted... ;)

Hehe, no, not really.

What I'd love to keep is: Just the files, that belong to what I still have
in my published repos.

Does anybody have some related sql queries which I could place into a
script? Of course I will share the results.

You don't need SQL for that, best is to write some perl code parsing all .rev
files and compare that with stored files.

And in best case another tool, which allows you to short the history before.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH