Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Nonfree packages on OBS
Am 26.08.2011 06:51, schrieb Joaquin Sosa:
Patent issues surround the multimedia packages, so what about:
pullin-nonbroken-multimedia? Packman hosts the packages with no
issues.

yes, packman hosts the packages because the packman servers are based in Germany. We still haven´t *any* software patents in Europe (they might come.. but Germany seems to stay clear.).

That´s why they could host it. Believe me, if they would in the U.S. they would be indicted and indicted again...

--
-o) Kim Leyendecker
/\\ openSUSE Ambassador, openSUSE Wiki Team DE