[opensuse-buildservice] Another cleanup round on build.opensuse.org
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 18:34:07 +0200
Hi,

Please excuse the cross post.

I want to do another clean up round in OBS as done end of last year:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2010-11/msg00218.html

Again repositories of projects which did not saw a change since quite some
time will get removed. Unlike last year, only source changes are taken into
account.

This will affect 2.329 home projects and 74 other projects out of 20.846
projects.

Please review the following list of projects and speak up when you don't want
to get the repositories removed:

non-home projects:
http://www.suse.de/~adrian/OBS-remove-list-candidates

home projects:
http://www.suse.de/~adrian/OBS-remove-list-candidates-home

The FAQ from last time:

Why remove repos and not just disable the build ?
This will free disk space on our servers and also on all mirrors. As result
we can be mirrored more easily.

Will any source get lost ?
No.

How to enable it again ?
Just add the wanted repos again.

There is a project which has not been touched, but the repos are still anyway
important !
Just drop me a mail ....

Why not drop the entire project now that we have an undelete function ?
I thought about that, but currently the webui just says that the project does
not exist.
It is not able to show the former content and does not offer to undelete it,
so that might be too agressive for now.

Why not drop people a mail and ask them to remove it ?
Way too many accounts have no valid email adress and past experience showed
that people do often not react when they lost interesst in their project.

My plan is to do the removal next week, except more discussion about
this is needed.

Just tell me your opinion, also when you support this ;)

thanks
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH