Re: [opensuse-buildservice] access to log information from a linked project
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 08:55:49 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 18. August 2011, 16:51:17 schrieb Dominig ar Foll:
What is the "log info" for you exactly ?

the information that you obtain when you type the command :
osc log PRJ PKG

It is true that only some data is exposed via the public api, but it
should be enough to run valid builds.

The information is actually exposed via the API as found by Carlsen.
Running the small command bellow demonstrate it :

curl http://api.meego.com/public/source/Trunk/acl/_history

The revision numbers come via source server (CI_CNT or vrev in the
_history
api call) and the build count should not matter here, because you do
anyway a build in another project/repo.

So, I don't get the point what exactly you miss here.

I am not interested by the revision number but by the MD5. The MD5
remains the same from one OBS instance to an other one what allows to
create Tag (e.g. via obstag) which can be used to copy (e.g. via
obs2obscopy) the exact version of the desired packages from one OBS
instance to an other one.

I don't know obs2obscopy, but I can assure that linking via specified
MD5 or revision numbers is working cross build service wide.
(just branched a package via specified MD5 as revision from a remote OBS 2.3
to a local OBS 2.3).

it become also easy to only copy the packages which have changed when
replicating project from one OBS to an other.

Why not using project or package links ?

Unfortunately as the log info is not presented from linked OBS, the
concept of Tag cannot be used if the user does not have a login on the
source OBS.

ah, you manually check via an external tool ....

okay, when you just want to current MD5, you can use

/source/$REMOTE_PROJECT/$package

When you add ?rev=$REVISION you get also the various MD5 sums for it.

As the information is available on the public API, it's a shame not to
be able to use it simply via a link.

I can assure, links are just working at least with current code base. We have
also at least one test casefor that in our current test suite.

bye
adrian

-- Dominig
SUSE Linux Products GmbH