Re: [opensuse-buildservice] reducing build resource usage
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:16:31 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 17. August 2011, 14:39:15 schrieb chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
Hi,

I fail to see how obs has a chance to find out if a source change
makes a
difference or not.

My thought was to send a FLAG with 'osc ci'
perhaps "-r REPO" source change will only rebuild for specific
repository
and "-f, --failed" source change will only rebuild failed packages
and "--keep" source change will not trigger rebuild

The problem is that there is no guarantee that the change does not affect it
and OBS should always guarantee that this build is reproducable.

So, the only way is to disable the builds which are not wanted or we need to
store and display which revision was used. It won't make the interface easier

When you just want to test something on one plattform do a local build. This
helps even more to save resources :)

Cheers
Chris
SUSE Linux Products GmbH