Re: [opensuse-buildservice] conflict in spec
On 08/12/2011 09:45 AM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 09:43:42AM +0200, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
Hi,

I am maintaining shorewall in security:netfilter and the package was
yesterdat accepted into factory. Now I have a problem, the package
itself at security:netfilter has a broken spec hence it is broken and
can't build. Mind you that I haven't done anything.

Moreover, when I want to branch this package so I can update with a new
version I just get an empty package in
home:branches:security:netfilter/shorewall.

Am I missing something obvious, or can someone explain me how can a
valid spec and a building package without doing nothing becomes broken

Thanks

in security:netfilter/shorewall, run osc up and/or osc pull

that was it and before doing I did a

osc log security:netfilter shorewall

"""
r27 | saschpe | 2011-08-11 15:58:12 | 9f6c595f0fc6d49f197b8b63ce4ddcba |
unknown | rq74031

initialized devel package after accepting 74031
""""

so that is the cause as I understand. as the version in factory is
4.4.20.3 while devel project was 4.4.22 and I did not want it to broke
further. But shouldn't making the above initialization respect the fact
that version number in the devel package was higher and rather than
causing a broken.

What can I do for this not happening, or does this all the time happen,
when I submit an updated version of the package to factory

Thanks
Togan