Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS Logo
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 09:11:33 +0200
Am Samstag, 6. August 2011, 12:53:23 schrieb Klaas Freitag:
Am Mittwoch, 3. August 2011, 14:11:36 schrieb C. Bergström:
On 08/ 3/11 07:07 PM, Robert Lihm wrote:
Hello All!

I made a new logo for the OBS [1]. The second variant in the PNG is
mainly for cases like e.g. ads, banners, etc. Where the logo is
small/tiny.

Hope you like it ;-)

No - it's really ugly

/* Me thinks no engineer should be allowed to design logo and
companies/communities should use something like 99design */

This post shows that you neither have experience in the openSUSE community,
as otherwise you would know that Robert is a designer nor with free
software communities in general as you would know how to contribute your
constructive criticism.
I think we'd like to ask you to silently learn a bit more and try again
later.

I think if we discuss the logo, we have to try to imagine that its used in
the Bento theme, where its reduced form and grey color makes great sense to
me.

I think the logo must be usable also outside of Bento. It will be used in many
other web sites and presentations. So, it should be remarkable when sitting
between some other logo's.

A colored and a bw version of it would be nice therefore.

thanks
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH