[opensuse-buildservice] Authentication issues
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:08:56 -0400
Hi,

I recently switched from GNOME to Xfce as my desktop (fleeing from GNOME3). Since the switch I end up getting

Server returned an error: HTTP Error 401: basic auth failed

errors when I try to use osc commands, build, up, etc. I can remedy the authentication error by placing my password into ~/.oscrc. However, not having needed to store my password in .oscrc prior to the switch I'd like to avoid having my password in ~/.oscrc.

How do I accomplish this?
What mechanism did osc use to authenticate when I was using GNOME?

gnome-keyring-daemon process is running on my machine.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

Tech Lead