Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Abysmal performance of buildservice
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:58:45 +0200
Am Monday, 11. July 2011, 15:40:46 schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
Hi:

I thought it was a temporary problem, but it seems now there is a
permanent performance problem on the OBS instance.

Packages take hours even for getting scheduled and I have seen for
example, kernel packages taking from several days to a week to be published.

It is reaching to point where creating packages manually and publishing
with a home-made script is faster and more efficient.

If it is lacking of build-power ..ok..then some sort of build-quota
should be put in place, or maybe putting all "home" repositories
disabled by default requiring the user to enable build in a per-repo or
per-package basis.

we had idle build hosts less then a day ago. Also scheduler events were very
low.

So, without exact examples no one can explain the issues you describe.

You are aware that publishing only happens when the entire repo has finished ?
It does not matter when a single package has finished.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH