Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS mobile: project / package view changes
On 24.06.2011 17:58, Justine Leng wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on improving the project / package views in OBS mobile. There are
a few changes I'd like to propose and discuss. It would be great
to find out if they would help make OBS mobile more efficient and powerful to
the mobile client users before final implementation.

Discussion is also posted on my blog:
http://obsforandroid.wordpress.com/2011/06/10/obs-mobile-package-page-makeover/

1. Add “Project Status” on the project view page to indicate the overall
real-time status of this project, possibly categorized as follows:

- Stable: project is ready for end-users to use.
- Testing: project should work from a developer’s point of view, but needs
more testing.
- Development: project is in a random state; it might work.
- Private: project is not intended for public use.

Screenshot: http://susepaste.org/33683563

Hi Justine!

The project status idea is good, so the users can clasify the state of a
project faster, we could also show
this in the software search on software.o.o. But to introduce this we need an
agreement of the whole
obs development team, so it is a bit out of scope for our mobile webui project.
Let's implement this
when the obs masters agreed on the backend implementation of it ;-)

2. Organize the package view page like this: http://susepaste.org/45272178

Description tab would be removed from this page to reduce redundancy, since
it already appears on previous few pages.

Files, Requests, and Failures would be changed to collapsible view, and have
a count in the header to show the latest status, so that the user
doesn’t have to tap open each button: http://susepaste.org/39817759

Looks nice!

A tab called Notes would be added to this page to show some other packages
(the links will go to the corresponding package view pages) in the
commit history that might trigger a rebuild of the current package. It might
look something like this: http://susepaste.org/5804598

I'm not sure if such an api call already exists that shows packages that will
trigger a rebuild.
Probably that are the buildrequires from the specfile.

3. About these buttons: are they better bearing collapsible views or sliding
over to related screens?
For example, here's the sliding view of Repositories:
http://susepaste.org/45395077 vs. collapsible view:
http://susepaste.org/26703741

Of course, we still need to convert those html webpage views to mobile views.

So, what do you think of these changes? How could I make it better? Any
comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Justine Leng

Greetings

--