Re: [opensuse-buildservice] supporting different versions of a package in one project
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 01:44:01PM +0200, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 21.06.2011 10:57, schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
I have one package in two versions within one project but now I have two
versions of another package where one requires the older version to
build and the other requires the newer version to build.

So I've specified versioned dependencies in BuildRequires but that is
not sufficient. They are actually taken into account but now I get
"unresolvable" for the older package as it doesn't find the previous
version apparently.

I tried to workaround it by disabling "used for build" for the newer
package and retrigger the build of the older dependent package. But it's
still unresolved. Now that is a bug for sure I guess?

What about add a special provides into dependent packages and then reffer
them in BuildRequires? Does it help you? Note that you should not
combine a provides and a package name as BuildService preffers
the package names.

Regards
Michal Vyskocil
< Previous Next >