Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Specification for OBS light project concept
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:40:06PM +0200, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:

Why not just use Yocto, as that is exactly what that project is for?

Yes Yocto target that area but Yocto provides far less packages than
MeeGo and does not provides the OBS once that the team will grow. In TV
or IVI team of a few 100's of developers is not uncommon and when the
team is that large a full OBS is a great tool.

Our goal is to bridge the gap while staying on MeeGo and an rpm based
distro, because that is what our users needs on the long run.

Then trying to strip down OBS seems "odd" in that in the long run, you
will need the whole thing.

Anyway, good luck with this.

greg k-h