Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS, far more work then on Launchpad for Ubuntu
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 13:35:36 +0200
Am Thursday, 26. May 2011, 12:45:45 schrieb peer:
On 05/26/2011 12:36 PM, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
On Thursday 26 May 2011 12:25:23 peer wrote:
On 05/26/2011 11:18 AM, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Adrian Schröter<adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Since these are anyway a moving target, what about if you Debian/Ubuntu
builder people found a project, let's say Debian:Support where you
maintain such packages and build for all (needed) Debian and Ubuntu
distros.

So you can have a common pool for such packages and you do not rely on
me personally.

I would create such a project and hand over to you, if let's say at
least three persons are willing to work on that.

does this sound like a plan ?
Yep, that sounds perfect
Sounds like a unpractical and cumbersome solution to me. Maybe I am
missing something, but why not enable 'universe' (as an option) as default?
Just as Adrian said, currently we're not allowed to host _all_ content that
is
in Ubuntu's universe/multiverse repositories, mainly due to license and
patent
issues. That's essentially the same reason why we're not hosting rpmfusion
for
Fedora.

Until the OBS is hostet in a country where this doesn't matter we're bound
german law.
I understand that multiverse is a problem. But why universe, that is all
free software.

The last time I checked it contained definitive some packages part of our black
list
(containg ffmpeg inside of the application and so on).

ALso, it was a moving target. I will not import such a repo binary wise,
because I would
need permanently updating it.
SUSE Linux Products GmbH