[opensuse-buildservice] About product concept
Hi there,

I'm playing with product creation in order to provide three different
"versions" of a kiwi image I'm working into.
The goal is to have a basic image, with only essential packages, an
intermediate image with some additional applications,
and a "full" image containing a larger set of packages.

I'd be grateful if someone could clarify some points ...

1) I'm planning to provide the basic image as a base product and make
intermediate and full as add-ons which depend on
the base product. Is this a good approach ?

2) I understand the concept of product as a specific group of packages
made available by some kind of media(um) but
the real goal of release packages (as openSUSE-release) is still
obscure to me. When I try to install a new add-on by
using YaST module it asks me the product source (url, DVD, etc) and
just shows me the YaST module for selecting
patterns for installation (including patterns from all repositories
currently enabled). Couldn't I ask to install all
packages from the add-on ? Do I need create a pattern in product
description to have this working (create_pattern="true"
in "<use group ..." ?) ?

3) A bunch of packages depend on openSUSE-release package, or anyone
providing distribution-release resolvable.
But what would be the goal of add-ons release packages ? Just to
indicate that a particular product is installed ?
What if I remove all add-on packages and keep the add-on release
package ? So, the relatioship between patterns,
release packages and products is still abscure to me ...

Thanks in advance, see you ...
--
Sandro