Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new osc user interface proposal
On May 24, 11 15:18:33 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Tuesday, 24. May 2011, 13:58:40 schrieb Juergen Weigert:
On May 23, 11 21:26:18 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
One may also offer a standard parameter to enforce the request creation
(because
you may want that others check this). This could be done via

osc delete --request $PROJECT

This may be a replacement for the "osc request create" command to some
degree (multiple
actions per request would not work with that).

please understand this also as a RFC proposal :)
Do you think it makes sense ?

Without context, this command looks like it would remove a request.
With the context you explained, I understand that it creates a request.

Right, Just discussed with Sascha, what about

osc delete $project [$package]

Tries to delete and falls back to create a request. In the same way as

osc request delete $project [$package]

would work.

osc --batch delete ...

would not fallback.

The word order 'delete --request', or 'request delete' does not make much
difference, both appears ambiguous to me.
An implicit fallback might not be what a user expects either.

How about this:

osc delete $project $package

Always sends a delete request, printing out a message
"Delete request #123456 created."

In case the user has permission to delete the packge himself,
it also prints out a message informing him.
"You can use 'osc rq accept 123456' to delete $package now."

osc delete --force $project $package

Immediatly deletes, saying "Package $package deleted." if the user has the
permissions. It behaves identical to sending and immediatly approving a
delete request.

Otherwise it fails and suggests
"You can use 'osc delete $project $package' (without --force) to send a
delete request."

Note that I avoid the verb 'create' in the context of delete requests.

cheers,
JW-

\ | 0911 74053-508 __/ (____/ /\
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, J.Guild, F.Immendoerffer, HRB 16746
(AG Nuernberg), Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany

SuSE. Supporting Linux since 1992.