[opensuse-buildservice] new osc release 0.131
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:20:19 +0200

A new osc release is out.

Beside the usual stack of bugfixes, this version comes with a larger number
of functionality for our upcomming OBS 2.3 release.

The request and especially the review handling of requests has been improved,
what should help esp. people who work on openSUSE:Factory packages.

Also a number of new commands for our upcomming maintenance features have
been added. These will get explained in more details in our OBS book.

This release is only available via openSUSE:Tools project for now, we will
roll out an official update for all distributions during OBS 2.3 beta phase.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools/

Detailed Release Notes:
=======================
- new command 'develproject' to print the devel project from the package meta.
- add blt and rblt commands, aka "buildlogtail" and "remotebuildlogtail" to
show
just the end of a build log (for getting the fail reason faster).
CHANGE: the --start parameter is now called --offset
- add "createrequest -a add_group" option to create a group request
- add "createrequest -a add_me" shortcut
- add "less" command, doing the same as "osc cat" but with pager
- fallback to unexpanded diff mode on "osc diff" on merge error.
- support viewing the commit history of deleted packages
- show review states on "review list"
- new source service commands "localrun" and "disabledrun" to generate files
without _service: prefix
- add "request supersede" and "review supersede" to supersede with existing
request
- make it possible to run single source services, even when not specified in
_service file.
(For example for doing a version update without creating a _service file:
osc service lr update_source)
- protect rebuild and abortbuild commands with required "--all" option to
mass failures by accident (similar
to wipebinaries)
- "review accept/decline" is trying to change all reviews of a requests, if a
specific one is not specified
by user
#
# Features which requires OBS 2.3
#
- "my requests" is doing faster and complete server side lookup now if
available
- "review" command has been extended to handle reviews by project or by
package maintainers
- support for new source service modes: disabled, trylocal and localonly
- support project wide source services
- support for armv7hl architecuture. used to denote armv7 + hardfloat binaries
- add force option to accept requests in review state.
- add "maintenancerequest" command to request a maintenance incident from
maintenance team
- add "releaserequest" command run a maintenance update release process (for
maintenance team only)
- allow to force the storage of project meta data (to ignore depending
repositories for example)
- "my requests" is showing requests with open reviews also now

SUSE Linux Products GmbH