Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS Mobile Version
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:08:13 -0400
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Getting that to actually work is a gsoc proposal.  Winning proposals
have not yet been announced.

So, if it's a go, you may have something by the fall.

What?

I remember successfully using the mobile version (which was cool btw)
a few months ago.

So it did work, but it's now broken. Is a gsoc needed to fix it? really?

I just went and re-read the gsoc proposal. I don't think they're
public in general, but here's the description summary for this one:

==
Short description: Currently, the openSUSE Build Service (OBS) mobile
client offers very limited functions. I would like to improve and
extend the OBS mobile interface for Android. The goals include not
only adding powerful functionalities such as sorting requests by
different criteria and enabling real-time user actions, but also
integrating a mobile test-suite for each new feature, and ultimately
improving the overall user experience that will make the OBS mobile
interface more efficient and convenient to use.
==

I don't know when the gsoc projects are formally announced. (Or maybe
they have been.) We won't know if the above has been selected until
then.

Greg