Re: [opensuse-buildservice] job 'job is nth in queue' indicator
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 09:04:02AM +0200, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

We don't have such a queue. And if would have your job could easily moved
back by some hundred numbers if a more important project repo suddenly
decides
to start to build.

So I think such a number will cause more confusion then it helps.

So, since we're in this matter of progress indicators, cmake projects
output to stdout the build percentage.
It ought to be a trivial matter parsing that percentage and adding it
to the "building" state indicator, right?

This would probably help on bigger projects that take long to build.

Status could be:

building - booting
building - configure
building - building 1%
..
building - building 50%
..
building - building 99%
building - packaging
building - signing
success

How do you know ahead of time how long a build process takes, or what it
even involves, in order to be able to determine where 50% is?

Hint, you don't :(

sorry, this isn't going to work.

greg k-h