Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: obs violates the debian policy §4.9.1
On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 07:21:49PM +0200, peer wrote:
On 04/13/2011 09:38 AM, Neil McGovern wrote:
"It is up to the package maintainer to decide whether the package
build times are long enough and the package build system is robust
enough to make supporting parallel builds worthwhile."

It's up to the package maintainer to decide, not to obs. That's the point.

Well, yes. I would agree that by default, Debian packages should be
built with -j1.
Neil
(aka, neilm@xxxxxxxxxx, Debian Release Manager)
Right. And packagers which are set to build in parallel by the
Debian package maintainer should be build in parallel.

That would be a choice for OpenSUSE build service authors, so I won't
comment about what it *should* do, but I belive that it *could* do
sucessfully.

Neil
--
Neil McGovern, Software Development Team Lead, Amino Communications Ltd
Buckingway Business Park, Anderson Road, Swavesey, Cambridge, CB24 4UQ, UK