Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Retrieving package version numbers
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 09:06:08 +0200
Am Montag, 4. April 2011, 20:44:50 schrieb Juergen Weigert:
On Apr 04, 11 11:02:42 -0700, Brandon Philips wrote:
On 16:59 Mon 04 Apr 2011, Adrian Schröter wrote:
(small note, it is not the lighttpd setup, but the public controller)

Please never ever use /public, it is just for remote OBS instances
and may change at any time.

It's a misnomer then. It should rather be called /private in that case.

That's unfortunate, is there any reason why this cannot be made
publically accessible?

Yes, the api is for developers in first place. We do not want to have
random load (and some requests can create a lot load) on our server
without control about it.

The new
/public/source/PROJ/PACK?parse=1&view=info
actually decreases load on the servers. The only other way to poke for a
version number is by downloading a _history file, which can be huge.
Been there, done that. :-(

You can use the same call without /public.

No one said you should use _history.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH