Re: [opensuse-buildservice] automatic release numbering
Hi,

Am 03.04.2011 20:28, schrieb Robert Xu:
This happens to every package built in the openSUSE Build Service.
The build service always replaces the Release with <CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>
which expands to (commit count).(build count).
You can modify what Release expands out to in the prjconf.

(In my prjconf, I use "Release: <CI_CNT>" only.)

as I wrote in my initial mail I understand most of the Release counting
and one feature of it is to reset to 0 when the Version increases.
As written that applies at least to non-linked packages but seems to
fail for linked ones.

Wolfgang