Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Virtualizing OBS worker build environment with OpenVZ or LXC
On 2011-03-29 15:46:17 +0300, Ville.Seppanen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am afraid you might've misunderstood me. I am aware that OpenSUSE
does provide LXC, but I meant is there work being done for OBS, so
that OBS build host would use LXC to separate the worker build
environment itself from the build host (so that the package being
built cannot modify the build host). To me, it seems that currently
OBS supports Xen and KVM. Looking at /etc/sysconfig/obs-worker,
OBS_VM_TYPE can be auto, xen, kvm or none. Could support for LXC be
easily implemented?

When you said "we support", I understood that you meant OpenSUSE.
However, I was talking specifically about OBS.

adrian *is* talking about the build script support for lxc.

build is also used by the obs workers.
so if you want to learn more about that part, dig into the "build" git
tree.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux