Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Solving source service misconceptions
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:52:19 -0400
On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Montag, 21. März 2011, 09:19:06 schrieb Sascha Peilicke:
Hi y'all,

as it occured several times already, there seem to be some misconceptions
about source services for the Build Service. Recently, it seemed to became
fashionable to replace each and every package tarball with a download service
pointing to some URL. As by most commit messages, people seem to be believe
that some magic update logic will happen once upstream releases a new
tarball.
Just to make this clear, this won't happen!

The only thing that changes is that the source tarball is not stored
alongside
your spec but downloaded on-demand instead (speak, with every rebuild). And
it

with every local rebuild (unless you use --no-service or --noinit switch).
The server side rebuilds don't re-download it.

So pointing a service on OBS at a nightly build url won't cause it to
download when that tarball is updated?

I did set one of those up last week, but I haven't had a chance to go
back and see if it worked the way I expected.

Greg