Re: [opensuse-buildservice] using ccache for OBS
Am Freitag, 4. März 2011, 10:46:12 schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 4. März 2011, 02:04:17 schrieb Malcolm Fernandes:
Is it possible to use ccache for OBS builds. I know that 'osc' has the
ability, but I would like to configure it for all builds done via the OBS.

I'm using a local OBS instance.

If it is possible, what needs to be done?

Could not find any configurable parameters in BSConfig.pm or anything
related on the OBS web pages.

In short, patching of bs_worker process to support it. And adding ccache to
the prjconf as support package.

There's more work needed than that. OBS recreates the build root
from scratch so the cache is cleared too.

Yes, if you want to keep between the builds. But it can still be usefull during
one build.

Caching between builds is anyway not recommended, it means that builds are not
reproducable
anymore.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH