This is not less secure, since the the permissions of the file /etc can be set
to prevent other's from reading it.

Anas

On 25 Feb 2011, at 11:18, Marcus Rueckert wrote:

On 2011-02-25 11:04:51 +0800, JF Ding wrote:
Hi all,
As current code, osc/conf.py:722
os.chmod(conffile. 0600)
the specified oscrc file, whether or not ~/.oscrc, should be writable for
current user.
But in some cases, users want to run osc as special user, e.g. nobody in
some daemons, and there's no
a proper place to store the writable oscrc.
If osc can support global readonly oscrc for system wide configuration,
the things can be easier.

it would be much easier if you create a home directory for your special
users and suddenly all the logic would work again.

My question is: should osc support the readonly global oscrc? Is there
any potential security issue?

the password is stored in the oscrc.

darix

--