Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Project Home for openastro.
  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:06:07 +0100 (MET)
Am 19.02.11, 21:03 +1100 schrieb Helen:
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Paul Elliott
<pelliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do not think that packagers should be making editorial comments about the
nature of astrology in classifying it. "Entertainment" "Games" and
"PseudoScience" are as bad as "Science" or "Education". Some take astrology
seriously.

Quite right.

I suggest some neutral classification such as "graphics". All will agree that
astrology programs produce graphical output.

Some people like looking at horoscopes only to enjoy looking at the unusual
symbols.

True, but it does not serve the purpose of creating graphics, and if I
was browsing for an astrology program, I wouldn't think to look there.
The suggestion for Entertainment is not meant to be facetious: many
people regard Astronomy, Tarot and the like as enjoyable hobbies and a
form of entertainment, even when taking them seriously.

Putting it inside a category aside with the bible, cooking or garden might be appropriate. Is the bible in Entertainment too or in Games?

(I wonder how the bookmarking of web pages relates to program categories.
Is it completly the same? Then it should be merged with web browser bookmarks at some point. We would then reach the era of "all is a web page", where formerly was "all is a file". That trend is already visible in tablet computers and smart phones, where www links and applications reside friendly side by side.)

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org