Re: [opensuse-buildservice] THANKS - All 11.1 derived targets vanished
On Friday 18 February 2011, 19:06:55 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 18. Februar 2011, 18:26:21 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
It would have been nice to a least send out a warning, probably on
a low traffic list like announce, that all 11.1 dependent targets
and its packages are going to be killed of. That way, I would have
been able to prepare a local mirror.

I thought, that fascist operators from hell would had been an issue
of the past. I failed.

You failed since december to move to discontinued as announce since
then.

Adrian, I had boat loads of builds to targets like
KDE_Distro_Stable_openSUSE_11.1,
KDE_Distro_Factory_openSUSE_11.1

that all vanished. Or builds against openSUSE_11.1 of
devel:language:python, that are all gone. How should I have had moved
these over?

Again, failing builds is one thing, removing everything from projects
_and_ repos is something very different in my book.

OBS should have told this its users before first use:

Don't rely on me, I'm killing off everything, that I don't like,
or that I think is outdated. Take that for granted, I'm not kidding.

BTW, I wasn't able to locate a message with 11.1 in the subject in the
respective MLs, that states this fact. But I found a mail from
Dominique Leuenberger back in 2008 "[opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE
10.2 dropped from BS" that criticizes a similar act already as being
way too rude, but who cares about users..

Pete