[opensuse-buildservice] regarding the download_url service
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:35:56 -0600
I have some questions regarding the download_url service.

Under what conditions do services run?
If the source was downloaded successfully before, and the _service
file has not changed, why run the download file service again?

Basically, if the download url service runs too frequently, I can see
it repeatedly downloading files from sites that do not need to be
re-downloaded. For large files this is obnoxious, and not very nice to
the sites in any case.

--
Jon