[opensuse-buildservice] kiwi's ignore element?
  • From: Chris Cunha <eportel6607@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:14:04 -0500
I don't see a "kiwi" ML so I'll try here for some help with this.
In my config.xml (kiwi file) I have a bunch of branding files that are
going to replace the existing Suse branding files.  I have a list of
packages and a list of patterns that are to be installed.  Since my
branding package is to replace (and conflict) with the Suse version of
it, the build will fail if the equivalent Suse branding package is
being installed also.  Although the Suse package isn't actually in the
list of packages it is part of the "lxde" pattern. I read in the kiwi
doc pdf file that reads "If a pattern contains unwanted packages, you
can use the ignore element to specify an ignore list, with the name
attribute containing the package name."  I can't find any examples as
to how to use this 'ignore' element within my config.xml file.  Any
help on this would be much appreciated.