OBS LDAP suppport (was: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] FOSDEM OBS meetup)
Am Dienstag 08 Februar 2011, 08:58:50 schrieb Sascha Peilicke:
On Tuesday 08 February 2011 00:59:34 Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 02/02/11 16:52, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
Please reply if you're interested and I'll try to organize
something on short notice.

Did it happen? Some interesting output?

I met up with the novomok (was that right?) folks at the booth at the
time and discussed their work on an OBS backend worker pool. Others
than that I met Jan-Simon after my talk. Seems like the (contributed)
LDAP feature needs some more testing to improve its performance.
Yes, I recently had a brief look at the LDAP features in OBS and I think
there is some room for improvement wrt to LDAP support in OBS. E.g.
currently for each api request a new LDAP connection is opened and closed
again when the request finishes. This can be pretty expensive (especially
when TLS/SSL is used), so a first improvement could be achieved by
keeping the LDAP connection open persistently.
Adrian and I provided some feedback to the original developers of that
feature. I am not exactly sure if somebody is currently working on
improvements in that area.

regards,
Ralf