Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Main project for peless, astrology!
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:43:36 +0100
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 06:57:31PM -0600, Paul Elliott wrote:

My program peless has existed for a long time now. I was thinking that if it
were a main project users could get it from "get software" without first
setting search options.

I have also packaged Pelle van der Scheer's program openastro.org. If it were
a main project or a subproject of a main project people could get it without
setting search options. Perhaps there should be a main project called
"astrology" and openastro be a subproject, because I am also thinking about
packaging a another program called Maitreya.

astrology sounds to me like belonging into nthe science:/ namespace.

The openSUSE command line tool (osc) reports reports the mail addresses
of the current maintainers.

osc maintainer --email science

Maybe "osc requestmaintainership science:astrology" already causes the
required request to get the maintainership. I'm not sure as I never
used it.

If there were an project for openastro.org both I and perhaps
Malcolm <malcolm_lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> could be packagers for it since Malcolm
was the first to package openastro on the buildservice. Also the author,
Pelle
van der Scheer <pellesimon@xxxxxxxxx>, if he has a buildservcie account and
wants to be involved.

What is the procedure for starting a main project?

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:How_to_contribute_to_Factory includes
some hints how to setup a new project. Your case is covered in the
"Creating a new Devel Project" section.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]