[opensuse-buildservice] OBS book writing

after multiple people asked for OBS books and were willing to join
in writing them we set up the necessary infrastructure for writing them.

Please read the announcement here:

http://news.opensuse.org/2011/01/18/obs-books-project/

The goals of these books are described as follows atmn and are open for
discussion here:

This book is part of the official openSUSE Build Server documentation. These
books are considered to be reviewed and edited to be the reference
documentation of OBS.

These books are not considered to be focused on a special OBS version. They
are also not a replacment of the documentation inside of the openSUSE wiki.
But content from the wiki may get consolidated and included in these books.

Furthermore these books get written by the OBS community, please check the
chapter how to work on these books. We request esp. experienced users and
administrators to join and to contribute to these books. It is not required
to be a very good or even native english speaker, because we built on
community editors to improve the language.

My personal plan is to write on the history and general architecture chapters
in next weeks.

Please speak up here if you want to write also some parts. Everything is
welcomed atm. And if something is incorrect (technical or language) we will
peer review it and fix it as second step.

Also other projects using OBS are welcomed to host their site specific
documentation in our svn. In that way we can work together on one book
suitable for everybodys instance hopefully.

Also parts which are specific to the build.o.o instance will be marked and
can be supressed by others.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH