[opensuse-buildservice] kernel modules for factory
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:20:23 +0100
Hi!

I am building a kernel module on the build service, which works fine on all
previous distros, but fails on factory for the xen kernel:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=x86_64&package=hdjmod&project=openSUSE%3AFactory%3AContrib&repository=standard

My specfile follows the tutorial at
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/9226/using-opensuse-build-service-
create-and-distribute-kernel-module-packages . The problem seems to be that in
factory the build script seems to search for the module in a path that highly
deviates from the pattern.

Is this expected behaviour of the build service, so that I'll have to
implement a way less generic install section for my spec file, or is the build
script broken? Maybe I did even do some completely stupid error in my script,
but I can't find it and the successfull build on the older distros make me fear
it's not that simple.

Regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

„Der einzige Weg, die Grenzen des Möglichen zu finden, ist ein klein wenig
über diese hinaus in das Unmögliche vorzustoßen.“ - Arthur C. Clarke
  • No further messages