Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Some thought about source services
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:37:11 +0100
Hi,

and while we are at it.

Recently I checked if it would be possible to provide daily builds for
Firefox or Thunderbird development versions.

First problem was that they are using mercurial repositories.
I've implemented those in tar_scm then (that means hg repos can be used
now on build.opensuse.org btw).

Second unresolved issue is that in the current packages I'm cloning
three different repositores and therefore I have three different
revision numbers which makes set_version not working for me. I probably
could extend that script as well to do what I'd need.

But the last thing is actually a blocker and I have no real idea if it
can be solved at all:
What I wrote above is not really true. I have a variable amount of
repositories I need to fetch.
The first clone contains a file which defines which languages are
supported and every language is living in an extra repository.
So my current checkout script gets one repo first and then walks through
that file and fetches clones of every language listed there and puts
them together in one tarball.

Does anyone have an idea how I could achieve something like this with
the source service? I know it cannot work with the current
implementation but w/o creating a very special service just for my
usecase I don't see an abstract way to do it.

Wolfgang