[opensuse-buildservice] Where to discuss package-specific questions?
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 09:54:39 +0100
OBS is full of many interesting packages. Lots of maintainers (if the
Novell site is correct, there are over 20000 developers using OBS).
Occasionally I come across a question about a specific OBS project. I am
usually unsure where to address questions. Some projects list a dozens
or so people, with no clear idea who is actually active, or who might
respond to questions. Obviously, OBS itself can do nothing about this.
It is more a social/organizational question. This list is, I think,
geared to OBS itself more than to packages in OBS. Questions about any
specific package seems outside the scope of this list.

I am wondering if there is some informal way OBS developers AND USERS
are assumed to be communicating. It would be nice if OBS had a 'contact
us' button for each project that allowed a message to be sent to the
project's designated "question-answerer". (I bet someone will now tell
me that I have missed the big green button that does this:)) I think
this question will become more important as more and more people begin
to use packages in OBS.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST