Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] OBS cleanup -> removal of outdated repositories
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 08:49:12 +0100

The cleanup is done now.

Affected projects got a note in their description.

Please speak up if you see any problems.

On Sunday 05 December 2010 14:17:27 Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
JFYI, the cleanup script is running now. The schedulers will be busy
in next hours to cleanup the removed repos (and open build jobs).

I should have a backup for some days of the removed data in worst case.

bye
adrian

With the assumption that most if not all packages in OBS link to
openSUSE packages, it would seem logical to do this again shortly
after 11.2 goes out of support. (ie. June 2011)

Actually, 11.1 is next.

And we do this, we move EOL base distributions below DISCONTINUED: and remove
after some time all repos building against the original project.

This cleanup action was in first place targeting Factory repos, because
Factory is always active, but not all projects building against it anymore ..

bye
adrian

And one criteria I did not see you have is if the package has no
supported repos due to EOL of repos. Seems like a natural addition.

Greg
SUSE Linux Products GmbH