[opensuse-buildservice] Problem with "build" dependency resolver
  • From: Rolf Offermanns <roffermanns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:22:16 +0100
Hi All,

I have a problem with the opensuse "build" script which is used in MeeGo, too.
For the tests below I used the current git version
(25b46a909ba0bcfec97821c1d06ad6cc41a9a2bc).

I want to build an external kernel module. In the specfile I have
[...]
%define kernelversion 2.6.33.5-27.1 [...]
BuildRequires: kernel-netbook-devel
[...]

I use the kernelversion macro later to avoid the use of $(uname -r) commonly
found in the Makefiles of out-of-tree kernel modules.

I pass several repository URLs to build:

sudo /usr/bin/build \
--repository http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/i386/ \
--repository
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/updates/1.0/core/repos/ia32/packages/ \
--repository
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/updates/1.0/extra/repos/ia32/packages/ \
--repository
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/updates/1.0/netbook/repos/ia32/packages/ \
--repository
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/updates/1.0/non-oss/repos/ia32/packages \
--repository
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases/1.0.1/core/repos/ia32/packages/ \
--repository
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases/1.0.1/extra/repos/ia32/packages/ \
--repository
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases/1.0.1/netbook/repos/ia32/packages/ \
--repository
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases/1.0.1/non-oss/repos/ia32/packages \
--repository
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases/1.0/core/repos/ia32/packages/ \
--repository
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases/1.0/extra/repos/ia32/packages/ \
--repository
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases/1.0/netbook/repos/ia32/packages/ \
--repository
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases/1.0/non-oss/repos/ia32/packages \
--arch i686 \
--target i686 \
--root /mnt/pool/meego/build-root/ \
--cachedir /mnt/pool/meego/build-cache \
kernel-test.spec

The latest version of the kernel-netbook-devel package (at the time of this
writing) is
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/updates/1.0/core/repos/ia32/packages/kernel-netbook-devel-2.6.33.5-27.1.i586.rpm.

Unfortunately this is not the one "build" decides to install in the build-root
directory. Instead it chooses some older version (not the oldest!) and yet
another version for the kernel-netbook package (required by
kernel-netbook-devel). I have tried to use
BuildRequires: kernel-netbook-devel = 2.6.33.5-27.1

without success.

Can you please give a hint what is going wrong. I have already sent an email to
the meego-packaging list about this[1] and another user has the same
problem and wrote to the meego-dev list[2]. Nobody answered.

Thanks in advance,
Rolf.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.meego.packaging/558
[2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.meego.devel/6911