[opensuse-buildservice] How does Joe Sixpack get opensuse 11.3?
  • From: Paul Elliott <pelliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:38:04 -0600

Joe Sixpack decides to install opensuse 11.3.

So he googles opensuse and goes to opensuse's main page.

He clicks on "get it" which leads him here:
http://software.opensuse.org/
If he had gone to download Mirrors on opensuse distro watch page
he would have gone to the same place. All roads lead to Rome it seems.

Any way the page is a search window into a very large haystack of mostly rpms.

How the heck is Joe supposed to think of the search string that will
lead him to opensuse 11.3 installation DVD? By the way, what is it? I
am pretty opensuse aware and I could not think of it in 15 minutes.

If Joe is Polish, (BTW how do you say Joe Sixpack in Polish?) who is going to
tell Joe about the Lang DVD to make opensuse work in Polish?

Who is going to tell Joe about the Non OS Biarch DVD for software that is not
quite pure?

It would be nice if someone could tell joe about packman site so Joe could
make his DVD player work, but you probably can't do that for legal reasons,
so I will not insist on that.

It seems to me that Joe needs a specialized page to tell him how to get
opensuse downloaded and installed in a practical way.

Opensuse has always been a good distro. Please do not try for the this web page
sucks award.

--
Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096
pelliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J