Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build_patchrpmcheck_scr issue with %post
  • From: Fritz Elfert <fritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:59:47 +0100

On 19.11.2010 13:33, Di Pe wrote:
Hi,

obs does not seem to like this %post section and I cannot figure out
what I have done wrong.

[...]
%post
/etc/add_prompt_command.sh
rm /etc/add_prompt_command.sh
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It complains, because you remove that script after executing it. This
results in an incomplete rpm installation (a file listed in the %files
section is missing after installation).

=> You should not delete stuff that you are declaring to be installed.

Anyway, looking at that script - I'd be really pissed if i had installed
your RPM and find out that it messes around with my .bashrc.
A crude and NOT very nice idea!
If your package *absolutely* needs this setting, I'd rather create a
little script in /etc/profiles.d which should do the same on the fly
*without* touching someone's .bashrc