[opensuse-buildservice] Why don't we use debootstrap?
  • From: Stephan Kleine <bitdealer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 00:06:42 +0100
Hi,

could anyone (Adrian) please enlighten me my we can't simply use debootstrap
to setup Debian & Ubuntu hosts and just be done with it?

Point being I'm wondering that for quite some time but wasn't able to get some
answer on it. Also I was asked that by the Ubuntu folks when I tried to debug
the 10.10 chroot but wasn't able to provide a proper answer.

So, why don't we use deboostrap and be done with it since that is maintained
by the .deb folks and simply works?

regards,
Stephan