Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc co doesn't work while using cntlm proxy
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:09:10 +0100
Am Dienstag, 9. November 2010, 21:00:59 schrieb Praveen_Paladugu@xxxxxxxx:
Hi All,

I am using cntlm (version 0.35.1-1) proxy to talk to outside network. With
the proxy configured properly, I am able to run:

" osc log prjname/pkgname" command and get the expected output.

But, when I run

"osc co prjname/pkgname" command, I get

Server returned an error: HTTP Error 502: Proxy Error ( The HTTP message
includes an unsupported header or an unsupported combination of headers. )

I tried the above osc command with "-H" flag to check the HTTP headers. The
failure occurs the first time, osc tries to download a file. From what I
noticed, the header the proxy server is having a problem with is:

Has anybody seen this problem? Is there a known workaround?

This header is for nicer web browser support when downloading a binary file.

However, it looks like it is not really needed with the browsers I have tested.
So we may can consider to remove it fro OBS 2.2.

You can remove the header on your api server in
app/controllers/build_controller.rb
and test if it works.

thanks
adrian