[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] New top-level project: utilities
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 14:03:12 +0100
On 9.11.2010 18:59, Pascal Bleser wrote:
Marcus was so kind to create a new top-level project: utilities

I requested (*) such a project because there wasn't any appropriate
place to maintain packages of command-line utilities, such as cpipe,
mlocate, lockrun, likwid, pfm, pv, ttyrec, ack, calcurse, cdu, clpbar,
cpuid, di, dtach, gcp, jobqueue, ts, mguesser, ncdu, nkmkpassword,
pipemeter, progress, rand, rlwrap, tmux, xjobs, waitfor, .....
(just throwing a few I have in the queue for that project).

Wow, so we can finally clean up Base:System to only host the basic
packages. Candidates for 'utilities' would be:
acct
buffer
cdrdao
cdrtools
collectl
convert
delayacct-utils
delta
dialog
dicts
dmidecode
dos2unix
dvd+rw-tools
eject
espeak
fam
figlet
file
firmwarekit
FirmwareUpdateKit
fortune
fs-check
fxload
gcal
gpart
hex
igerman98
iotop
iwatch
john-wordlists
kerneloops
killerd
ksymoops
lsof
mbuffer
mc
mcal
minicom
mmv
pin
pinfo
powertop
pwgen
recode
rzsz
screen
sitar
smake
spu-tools
stan
supportutils
sysstat
tree
vlock
wipe
wodim
words

Note that I did not check if these are really leaf packages, but it
should be a good starting point.

Michal