Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to configure obs-workers to use Xen/KVM?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 10:40:59 +0100
From what I checked, Setting OBS_VM_TYPE to kvm in /etc/sysconfg/obs-worker
file uses kvm in place of qemu if /dev/kvm file on your worker host is
readable.
If not, it will use qemu.

Yes, but will I have to configure anything related to KVM?

The appliance is using KVM automatically, if your hardware is providing support.

If you setup it manually, you need to configure devices (partiations, losetup
or lvm volumes)
manually. Because it needs to format the entire partition.

In case you want to use the LVM setup, you can setup these partitions like
described here:

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Appliance

The obsworker init script will pick automatically partitions which are named in
the /dev/obs/worker_root_? scheme.

bye
adrian

Praveen