Re: [opensuse-buildservice] The disconnect
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 09:51:32 +0100
On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 09:46:19AM +0100, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
On Wednesday 03 November 2010 09:28:25 Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Mittwoch 03 November 2010 schrieb Stephan Kleine:
That leaves out the main issue. The stuff in Contrib is version frozen
and therefore any security fixes need to be backported and the packages
in there need to be maintained.

While this is surely desireable, I don't think it should block anything
that is highly security irrlevant from going straight into factory.

Sure, I don't want a 4th unmaintained SMTP daemon in the distribution, but
keeping perl packages out of factory for that reason is stupid.

wow, does that mean that some packages from devel:languages:ruby:ext or
devel:languages:python may have a chance too?

Of course. Why do you think they do not?

Any development group can forward packages to Factory for inclusion.

(There really just needs to be backing to get bugs fixed during development
and some smaller committment to fix bugs if they during the lifetime of
openSUSE x.x).

Ciao, Marcus