Re: [opensuse-buildservice] The disconnect
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 09:28:25 +0100
Am Mittwoch 03 November 2010 schrieb Stephan Kleine:

That leaves out the main issue. The stuff in Contrib is version frozen and
therefore any security fixes need to be backported and the packages in
there need to be maintained.
While this is surely desireable, I don't think it should block anything that
is highly security irrlevant from going straight into factory.

Sure, I don't want a 4th unmaintained SMTP daemon in the distribution, but
keeping perl packages out of factory for that reason is stupid.

Greetings, Stephan