Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Creating packages through the API - Help?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:15:42 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010, 10:00:23 schrieb Thomas Schmidt:
On 10/28/2010 01:35 AM, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
Hi!

You may have heard of this funny little thing called Project Bretzn,
which
Frank Karlitschek announced at the openSuse conference last week[1]. I'm
one
of the people working on the connecting-the-dots bit for it, and as the
subject hints at, I have now run into what seems like a bit of a problem:

I cannot find any functions to actually create a new package using the
web
API. I can interact with existing ones perfectly fine (storing new
information
into _meta), but creating new ones seems to be missing. Can someone help me
out here?
I further assume that the same problem exists for creating sub-projects,
and
as such would like to request assistance with this as well - this is less
important, but would be greatly appreciated if it is possible.
In short, what i would like to request is: Pointers to which functions i
will need to call to create a new package, and to create new sub-projects.

I think you use the same methods as when editing project/package
metadata. To create a new project you do:
PUT /source/<project>/_meta
and for packages:
PUT /source/<project>/<package>/_meta

Yep, that is correct. There is no other way to do it.

Of course you need to create first the project and afterwards the packages.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH