Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu 10.10 Repository on build.opensuse.org
  • From: Srivats P <pstavirs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 17:52:19 +0530
Is xUbuntu 10.10 publicly available on build.opensuse.org? I can't see
it in my project home:pstavirs

Srivats

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 8:12 PM, Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Fritz Elfert wrote:
 a) sysctl processing in a chrooted env is quite useless - if not
    dangerous for the real system.
 b) Most other postinstall scripts silently ignore start failures.
    (the cmd in the postinstall usually reads: "start <service> || :")

So bad behavior of the Ubuntu package.

So, this leaves a few questions:

 1. Is it possible to ignore postinstall exit codes for specific
    packages in OBS?

Not in general. SUSE packages simply avoid certain actions that are
dangerous or will fail in a chroot if YAST_IS_RUNNING is set to
'instsys', which is what the build script uses. On other distros you
can only BuildIgnore or Substitute problematic packages atm. It
wouldn't be hard to introduce extra prjconf options to make the
build script pass e.g. --noscripts to rpm (and whatever else is
needed for dpkg) though.

 2. Is there any chance to get a virtualized build done on any other
    host distro than OpenSuSE (In this case: FC13)? If so: any hints.

Sure, why not? I don't know how to help though. UTSL :-) Maybe you
just need to prepare your initrd in a special way, like e.g.
including the correct storage drivers (virtio!?).

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel