Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ISO files and distributions
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:12:47 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2010, 22:10:34 schrieb Troy Telford:
When building ISO images using kiwi, I have a question:

It seems that I have no problems building ISO images for SUSE base distros
(no surprise there).

However, if I try to build an ISO image using something else (CentOS seems
to be my example...), I get an unresolvable error:

nothing provides kiwi, nothing provides kiwi-packagesmanager:instsource.

So... does the ISO building in OBS require those package compiled for the
target distribution?

This what we usually do, because our distro projects should contain the tools
which are used to create them (as also gcc should be part in the version which
was used to create the distro)...

Or is kiwi independant of the OS the ISO image is
being built for?

... But that is a philosphy question, you can also use meanwhile a complete
different
tool chain path. You need to add a <path xml element in your images repository.
But you should use OBS 2.1 for this at least. This would be independend of the
repositories defined in the kiwi file.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH