Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: openSUSE Build Service 2.1 Release
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:34:17 -0500
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Troy Telford
<ttelford.groups@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andreas Jaeger wrote:

Users of the Build Service may now access a new concept called 'source
services'. Source services allow, for example, the automatic checkout of
source code for a package from a remote server via Git or Subversion,
building a tar ball from these checked out sources, and using them for
building a package.  It also enables direct download of tar balls from
remote sites. This allows packagers to work with external sources without
downloading them to their own workstations, and makes it easy to rebuild
packages after upstream changes with a single click.

I just wanted to say:  This made my whole day.  This is awseome!  Thanks!

I agree - it looks pretty cool. However, I will note one thing:

once you add a source service, you can't use the webUI to add another one.

--
Jon