Re: [opensuse-buildservice] (hopefully) short downtime for OBS
  • From: Ruediger Oertel <ro@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 16:13:13 +0200
On Sunday, October 10, 2010 03:41:31 pm Ruediger Oertel wrote:
On Sunday, October 10, 2010 03:05:16 pm David Greaves wrote:
On 10/10/10 13:15, Ruediger Oertel wrote:
Hi,

in order to do the final switch of the underlying storage for the
backend server (an increase from 4.8T to 8T storage) there will be a
(hopefully) short downtime for the OBS.

At the moment, the server will still react, but the schedulers,
dispatcher and publisher are off and a sync is running (the sync before
had just completed, so the delta should already be quite small).

FYI: this step is completed, we're now at the real downtime and the final
sync is running

If this run is done, OBS will go down in maintenance mode, repserver
will be shutdown and the webservice will give out a downtime message
and the old storate will be remounted readonly for one final and
hopefully quick sync before we switch to the new filesystem.

I will report back when everything is complete.
okay, the new filesystem is now mounted, the machine has been rebooted
and all services are running again.
The webservice is back to normal and osc as well as the webgui.

--
with kind regards (mit freundlichem Grinsen),
Ruediger Oertel (ro@xxxxxxxxxx,ro@xxxxxxx,bugfinder@xxxxxxxxxxx)